State Lands Patent Database Query Page
Enter Your Search Criteria:
The State of Nevada - Division of State Lands does not guarantee the accuracy, currency, completeness, or usefulness of any information displayed or implied herein. The State of Nevada - Division of State Lands provides this information on an "as is" basis without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and assumes no responsibility for any use or misuse of this information.
After submitting your search criteria, please follow the instructions below for a copy of the original patent:
1. Make note of the name of the patentee, patent number, and volume and page numbers.
2. Go to the Nevada Digital Archives at http://nevadadigitalarchives.org/Collections.aspx.
3. Click on “Misc. Historical Records.”
4. In the resources box on the right side of the page, scroll down and click on “Surveyor General and State Land Office Land Patents 1865-2009.”
5. On the new search page, in the “Last Name” box, type Last name, First name. (Only the Last Name box is active.) Click on “Search” to go to a page that describes the metadata for the patent.
6. To see the patent, click on “Image #1 of 1” in the right-hand box. If no image appears, click on “View as JPEG.” You can then print or copy the record to your computer.
If the image is illegible, contact the Nevada State Archives at 775-684-3310.