Nevada Tahoe Regional Planning Agency
The purpose of the NTRPA is to administer the provisions of the Tahoe Compact related to gaming space and the cubic volume of "structures housing gaming" (casinos) in the Lake Tahoe Basin. Article VI of the Lake Tahoe Regional Planning Compact limits the amount of casino space to what was existing, or approved to be constructed, prior to May 4, 1979. The NTRPA has certified and regulates the amount of gaming area, public area, cubic volume and private area (e.g. hotel units) for each casino on the Nevada side of the Lake Tahoe Basin. The cubic volume, public area, and gaming area for each casino are prohibited from increasing beyond the certified amounts on file with the NTRPA. Interior changes to casinos are reviewed by NTRPA to ensure compliance with certified data that exists for each casino.
The governing board of the agency consists of the seven Nevada members of the fifteen member bi-state Tahoe Regional Planning Agency governing board. Administration of those provisions of the Tahoe Compact related to gaming space and the cubic volume of "structures housing gaming" (casinos) in the Lake Tahoe Basin.
NTRPA Membership Roster
- Alexis Hill-Washoe County Commissioner-NTRPA Chair
- Hayley Williamson-Nevada Member at Large-NTRPA Vice Chair
- Francisco Aguilar-Nevada Secretary of State
- James Settelmeyer-Department of Conservation and Natural Resources Director
- Jessica Diss-Governor of Nevada Appointee
- Wesley Rice-Douglas County Commissioner
- Shelly Aldean-Carson City Appointed Representative
For more information about the powers and duties of the Nevada Tahoe Regional Planning Agency please review NRS 278.780