State Land Use Planning Advisory Council (SLUPAC)
The State Land Use Planning Advisory Council (SLUPAC) is the only Governor-appointed council that has a voting county representative from each of Nevada’s seventeen counties, the Nevada Indian Commission as well as non-voting representatives from the Nevada Association of Counties (NACO) and Nevada League of Cities and Municipalities. The Council provides recommendations and expertise on land use and natural resources planning, advises the State Land Use Planning Agency regarding the development of plans and statements of policy. These activities are closely coordinated with the Governor’s Office. SLUPAC advises the Administrator of the Division of State Lands on the development and distribution to cities and counties of information useful to land use and natural resources planning issues SLUPAC traditionally meets once per quarter and meetings are held throughout the state the State.
Duties of the State Land Use Planning Advisory Council Include
- Providing a state-level avenue for local governments to express concerns and discuss issues related to Federal, State, and Local land use and natural resource planning issues.
- Work cooperatively with the Attorney General and the NACO on RS 2477 roads and public lands access issues.
- Designate State Areas of Critical Environmental Concerns (ACEC) and provide assistance to Local Governments with land use planning for ACEC’s.
- Upon request, through its Executive Council provide technical expertise, mediate, conduct public hearings and if needed resolve inconsistencies between local government land use plans.
- Develop statements of policy, adopt resolutions or provide formal comment on Federal, State, and Local Government land use planning policies & land management projects.
Here are links to our bylaws and rosters for our council members and executive council:
- Bylaws for the State Land Use Planning Advisory Council
- SLUPAC Roster
- SLUPAC Executive Council Roster
For more information about the powers and duties of the State Land Use Planning Advisory County please review NRS 321.740
SLUPAC Statements of Policy, Resolutions, and Formal Comments
- Letter of Endorsement of the Smart-from-the-Start Planning Concept
- Railroad Valley Proposed NASA Withdrawal Comment Letter
- NEAP Funding Letter of Support
- BLM RMP Update Comment Letter
- BLM Western Solar PEIS/RMP Scoping Comment Letter
- Proposed Public Lands Rule Comment Letter
- Proposed Renewable Energy Rule Comment Letter